I have an issue with granola. I just keep eating it. And then before I know it, I’ve finished the box and I’ve gotten two times more than my “recommended servings of whole grain” in one sitting.
The solution? Only making one serving at a time. I can’t eat what’s not there.
When I come home from school, I’ll usually make this granola, pop it in the freezer, go shower, and when I come back, bam: granola. Enough where I can eat half while making it and still have some to top my yogurt with.
makes 1/2 a cup of granola
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp oil (I used coconut, you could really use any type)
- Allow your oil to heat up in a saucepan over low heat.
- Add in your oats and cinnamon and stir them around to toast them for about 2 minutes. It’s important that you keep them moving or else they will burn in the blink of an eye.
- Turn down your stove to the lowest setting and pour in the maple syrup. Stir until the oats are coated. feel free to add craisins, almonds, or coconut shreds here.
- Spread out the oats on a piece of parchment paper and stick them in the freezer for about 10 minutes. The longer they get to cool, the crispier they’ll get.
- Enjoy any way you like!
Have a nice day and thank you for taking the time to check out my blog!